With this 2-Step tapping approach, even intense, decades-old pain can be quickly and easily resolved.
Before you begin, rate your pain level (intense pain = “10;” no pain = “0”). This will help you to recognize shifts as you go through the process. Then, follow the steps described in the instructions or go through the video.
STEP 1: FOCUS ON YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT THE PAIN
1. BEGIN BY focusing on how you feel about the pain. Does it make you angry? Do you hate it? Does it make you feel sad?
2. While continuing to focus on this feeling, gently tap with your fingertips 4-7 times on each of the following locations: top of the head, inside of the eyebrow, side of the eye, under the eye, under the nose, on the chin, on the collarbone, 4-5″ below the armpit.
3. Repeat (tap another round).
4. Now, evaluate your emotional state. If you notice a shift in how you feel, adjust your focus and start over. For example, if your feeling changed from hate to anger, now focus on anger and tap a few more rounds.
5. Continue to tap on these points, readjusting your focus through each feeling, until your EMOTIONAL DISTRESS IS GONE.
STEP 2: USE THE CHASING THE PAIN PROCESS
Now, you will work directly on the pain.
1. Describe the quality and location of the pain using strong sensory details such as “This deep, burning sensation in a 1-inch band over my right hip.”
2. Go through 5-6 tapping rounds, while focusing on the quality and location of the pain.
3. Reevaluate the pain. At this point, you will likely notice a shift. Describe the changed quality and location of the pain using strong sensory details such as “This deep, burning sensation that is now a half-inch circle over my right hip.”
4. Go through another 5-6 tapping rounds, while focusing on the changed quality and/or location of the pain. If symptoms have not changed, continue to tap while focusing on the initial description of the pain.
5. Reevaluate the pain. At this point, you will likely notice another shift. Again, describe the quality and location of the pain using strong sensory details such as “This deep ache over my right hip.”
6. Go through another 5-6 tapping rounds, while focusing on the changed quality and/or location of the pain. If symptoms have not changed, continue to tap while focusing on the previous description of the pain.
7. Continue with this process until YOUR PAIN IS AT A LEVEL OF “0.”
8. Toward the end of a Chasing the Pain session, you may also find it helpful to tap on “this stiffness” or “the ghost or shadow of the pain.” “Anticipation that it will return” is another common concern.
If symptoms return at a later date, simply repeat the procedure.
With Chasing the Pain, there may be an immediate reduction in pain symptoms. At other times, Chasing the Pain can take an hour or longer to achieve results. If you stay focused on this process, you will notice shifts in the quality and location of your pain. And, if you continue to focus on these shifts while you tap, you will notice a reduction or complete elimination of your symptoms. Enjoy your pain-free life!
Here is something you should Tweet!
With this 2-Step Simplified EFT Tapping approach, intense, decades-old pain can be quickly and easily resolved. This method is effective, even when the pain has a rational cause. It can also be effective with acute pain. If you are suffering from chronic pain, be sure to try it. This process really works.